How much do Life Coaches make?
After writing my article entitled “How much do Executive Coaches make?” I was highly requested by my readers to also discuss how much professional life coaches make on average. After collecting and gathering data from highly trusted sources (ICF Surveys, Sherpa Coaching Survey, PayScale reports, etc), please find the findings below.
Here are 6 trends in life coaching from an ICF Survey:
- Total annual revenue from professional coaching worldwide is now nearly 2 Billion (In US Dollars). That means it’s nearly doubled in the past few years
- Many coaches are reporting an increase in fees, clients, hours, and revenues since 2017, despite the global economy, showing once again, that coaching does well even in poor economic times
- Most coaches predict a further increase in fees, clients, hours, and revenue in the coming years
- Latin America and the Caribbean were currently reporting the greatest rates of growth, as coaching continued to enter and succeed in new markets
- Most professional coaches say they want the industry to become regulated, with the greatest proportion stating that the industry of coaching should be regulated by coaching associations, rather than governments
- When asked what they thought would be the greatest challenge to the profession of coaching in the coming year, the number one threat was identified as ‘untrained individuals who call themselves coaches’, followed by ‘marketplace confusion’ (which is caused, in part, by untrained individuals who call themselves coaches). This also points to why the idea of regulation is gaining traction among life coaches
According to the Sherpa Executive Coaching Survey 2013 reports:
Annual Coach Salary by Niche: $49,890
Average Hourly Earnings by Niche: $130
Average Number of Clients (meetings per week) by Niche: 7.70
According to PayScale.com the average median self-employed life coach salary is $52,595. The lowest is $28,198 and the highest $274,314.
According to a 2012 ICF Global Coaching Study surveyed over 12,000 coaches in 117 countries throughout Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America and received the following results:
This figure represents a life coach salary generated solely from coaching or from providing coaching services. In addition to coaching, life coaches offer other services such as consulting, counseling, facilitating, mentoring, teaching, training, etc.
Average Life Coach Salary across the WORLD:
- North America: $50,400
- Latin America & the Caribbean: $34,400
- Western Europe: $52,100
- Eastern Europe: $24,000
- Middle East & Africa: $39,600
- Asia: $36,500
- Oceania: $66,200
- 10+ years $321 per hour
- 5 – 10 years $256 per hour
- 3 – 4 years $194 per hour
- 1 – 2 years $152 per hour
- Less than 1 year $128 per hour
The average number of clients that a coach maintains at one time is 10. The average hours per week a coach works is 13 hours. And lastly, 76% of Coaches expect to see an increase in clients and revenue within the coming year.
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “highenergyexe-20”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = “bottom”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “search”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “Shop Related Products”;
amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = “executive coaching”;
amzn_assoc_default_category = “All”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “674dc71c84359f29ba90afa28d4d2923”;
Please feel free to add your comments below and discuss and add to the topic.